This Ariel 300A steam shower is made by Ariel. Ariel is one of the premiere manufacturers of the best home steam shower systems in the country. This single-person steam shower offers several advanced features and options that allow you to relax and really experience what all the fuss about steam showers is all about.
This steam shower uses a 3 kilowatt steam generator, which is more than enough for this smaller unit. A fold-down seat lets you sit and relax while six acupressure water jets massage away the stresses of the day. There’s an overhead rainfall shower system that allows you to easily cool off after your steam shower.
While you’re actually taking a shower, a handheld showerhead lets you take a traditional shower with all multiple flow options. This shower is lit from above with bright white LEDs. As you’re taking a steam shower, you also get a live temperature display. The steam shower is controlled from a computerized control panel with an LCD display.
The windows are made of blue-tinted tempered glass with a stainless steel frame. It is easy to clean and sanitize between uses. While this is a basic model for steam showers, as a supplement to your normal bathing regime, this 300A model is a great option.
Using Steam Showers
If it is your first time taking a steam shower, you probably aren’t sure of how to use it. There are some dos and don’ts that you want to adhere to:
● Hydrate before, during, and after your steam shower. A steam shower will make you sweat from every pore on your body. That’s a lot of water mass you’re losing. Drink plenty of water starting an hour before your steam shower.
- Stretch or do light exercise beforehand — You want to help your body jumpstart your circulation to reap the most benefits from your steam shower. A series of light stretches or some jumping jacks will help get your blood moving.
- Shower and clean your pores beforehand — When you’re in the steam, you’re going to sweat. You will sweat more effectively if your pores are opened beforehand. A hot bath or shower and a scrub down with a loofah will help you.
- Relax — When you’re in the steam, relax. The steam is going to make your blood vessels dilate and increase your blood flow. You don’t want to work out while in the steam, as that can cause lightheadedness or dizziness. Just sit back and relax
- Cool down afterward — After sitting in steam for half an hour, your body is going to need to recover. Take the time to let your body recover slowly after you’re done with your steam shower.
- Don’t eat beforehand — While a light snack is okay, the last thing you want to do before your steam shower is have a full six-course dinner. Too much food will leave you feeling bloated and unable to truly enjoy your steam shower.
- Don’t take a cold shower right away — There are some people who jump from saunas directlyinto an ice-cold lake. Those people have been taking steam baths and saunas for years. This is your first time. The rapid temperature shift can actually cause your body to go into shock if it isn’t prepared for it.
- Don’t overdo it the first time — The first time you take a steam bath, limit your time to fifteen to twenty minutes. As you get more accustomed to steam showers, you can increase the time you spend in the shower. Additionally, limit yourself to one steam shower per week for the first month. Steam showers are cleansing, but overdoing it can be draining.
Steam showers are an excellent way to help increase your blood circulation, boost your skin health, and help you recover from difficult workouts. Making sure you follow these dos and don’ts will ensure that you get the most benefits from your steam shower with the fewest side effects.
Features of the Ariel 300A Steam Shower
We know that when you are thinking about getting a steam shower, you want to be able to shop around and compare the various models you’re looking at. That’s why we list all available features here, so you can easily compare models.
- 3 kilowatt steam generator
- 6 acupressure water jets
- Computerized LCD control panel
- Rainfall shower in ceiling
- Handheld showerhead with multiple flow options
- Digital timer with real time temperature display
- Arctic White LED lighting
- Aromatherapy module
- Single seating
- Overall Dimensions: 36” x 48” x 86”
This is an amazing entry level steam shower that lets you experience the benefit of steam showers without breaking the bank. It also has a large feature set that lets you reap the health and wellness benefits of a steam shower. If you’d like to see more deluxe models, we have full reviews of other steam showers here.