This Ariel Platinum DZ959F8 steam shower is designed for a single user and has features and designs that make it a nice entry level option for someone just discovering the wonders of steam showers. This is one of the best steam shower systems for the single user.
At the heart of the steam shower is the steam generator. This steam shower has a 6 kilowatt steam generator at its core. That means when you turn on the steam, you’re going to get up to speed quickly and spend less time waiting and more time steaming.
Other features of this steam shower are there to enhance your showering experience. When you aren’t steaming, you can use the overhead rainfall outlet to gently rinse off. There are six wall mounted pressure jets on the left wall that give you acupressure hydrotherapy where you need it. A single stool lets you sit and let the water hit you wherever you’re sore.
There’s an FM radio built in to the shower. By pairing with an FM transmitter, you can extend your smartphone or tablet and listen to your favorite music as you relax. There’s also an aromatherapy and Chromatherapy option to let you use smells and lights to calm you down or get you energized for the new day.
Health Benefits of Steam Showers
Steam showers aren’t just good for cleansing out your pores and making you feel good. They can also have real-world health benefits. One of the things that steam does is increase blood circulation near the skin. This increase in blood circulation can help surface wounds heal more effectively.
- Hot steam is also a vasodilator. That’s a fancy way of saying that the heat causes your blood vessels to open up more. This increases circulation, as we just said, but steam can also supplement the high blood pressure medication you take as a vasodilator.
- Because steam helps open up the pores and assists you in sweating out toxins, a steam shower can soothe you after a strenuous workout. Working out builds up toxins in the muscles, and leaving those toxins there can acerbate residual soreness. Taking a hot steam shower will help you recover from those workouts.
- If you have allergies or an upper respiratory infection, you know how miserable breathing can be. A steam shower will help open up your sinuses and promote healthy breathing. If you really want to breathe well, a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil will help you breath even more clearly, thanks to its natural aromatherapy benefits.
Steam showers are great when it comes to making you feel good. It’s nice to know that there are tangible health benefits, as well.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Steam Shower?
Everyone worries about costs, and if you have a steam shower and it costs you twenty dollars every time you use it, you likely aren’t going to use it that much. Don’t worry, however. It doesn’t cost nearly that much, even if you have a high-powered steam generator like in this Ariel unit.
For example, this DZ959F8 has a 6 kilowatt steam generator.
- If you use it for an hour, you’ve used 6 kilowatt hours.
- Electricity is sold by the kilowatt hour.
- So,the local charge you pay for electricity will determine what you pay for these hours.
Let’s say you take a half-hour steam shower. That means you use 3 kilowatt hours.
- 6 kilowatts for ½ hour = 3 kilowatt hours.
The average cost of electricity in the United States is $0.1327 per kilowatt hour. That means your half-hour steam shower cost you a grand total of $0.3981, or 40 cents. That’s pretty cheap considering the health benefits the steam shower is providing you.
If you take two half-hour steam showers every week for a year, your total yearly cost will be $41.40.
Features of the Ariel Platinum DZ959F8 Steam Shower
When making a large purchase such as a steam shower, you’ll want to do a lot of shopping and comparing. We understand that. That’s why we list all the features here so you can easily compare them with other steam shower reviews.
- Single-person steam shower
- 6 kilowatt steam generator
- Computer controlled panel with timer
- 6 acupressure massage jets
- Overhead rainfall shower
- Handheld showerhead with multiple flow options
- FM radio
- Aromatherapy and Chromatherapy options
- Single stool
- Ventilation fan
- Lacks tub base
- Dimensions: 47.2” x 35.4” x 89”
This is a great steam shower for a single user. It has a modest feature set, which means the entry price isn’t as steep as more deluxe models. But the features it does have are useful. If this steam shower isn’t the one for you or you aren’t quite sure yet, we have multiple other steam shower reviews here.