Ariel is a premium manufacturer that creates some of the most consistently top-rated steam showers year after year. This Ariel Platinum DZ9721F8 model just continues that fine tradition. This steam shower is the perfect size to slip right into the space left empty when you remove your old standard tub. It measures 59 x 32 inches with an 87 inch height.
Ariel Platinum DZ972-1F8-BLK
Feature-wise, this steam shower might seem a little small at first, but it has enough room for two stools for two people to sit comfortably. Like most Ariel steam showers, there is no tub base. There is an FM radio included.
When you’re in the shower, you’ll notice that there are 20 shower jets angled to give two people a satisfying hydromassage. For rinsing off, there is an overhead rainfall type shower and a hand-held shower head with an adjustable head.
At the heart of the DZ9721F8 steam shower is a 6 kilowatt steam generator that will ensure you get a satisfying cloud of hot steam when you want it. Everything is controlled via a push-button panel on the side of the shower.
There is an aromatherapy module and chromatherapy lighting as well, to help accent your mood through lights and scents.
The shower itself is made of tempered glass, wood, and stainless steel. This combination of materials makes it easy to clean and disinfect when you need to.
Chromatherapy and You
Most Ariel steam showers have chromatherapy lighting, which allows you to adjust the color of the ambient light. This can have a powerful mood-altering effect. This is the reason why the walls of police stations are often painted light blue; that color has a calming effect, where red has the opposite effect, by making people more energetic.
What this means is that you can use the chromatherapy settings of this steam shower to help you get energized for the day to come, or to help you calm down at the end as you get ready for bed. Here are some of the color options available and how they normally affect people:
- Yellow — stimulates creative thinking
- Red — Energizing and physically stimulating
- Orange — Invigorating and refreshing
- Magenta — Reduces anxiety and calms
- Turquoise — Stress-reducing
- White —Mentally clarifying
With judicious use and some testing, you can see how the various colors affect your mood. Once you have that in mind, you can use the chromatherapy to help you in your day-to-day life.
Using Your Steam Shower Effectively
Most people like to use steam showers as a way to sweat out toxins. Sweat is one way the body can expel wastes. Here’s how you should take a steam shower for maximum effectiveness:
- Drink lots of fluids before you get in the steam shower — pure water is the best liquid possible. You’re trying to sweat a lot and that’s going to dehydrate you. Hydrating beforehand will help you maintain your water balance.
- Use a rough loofah or scrub to cleanse your pores. You want your pores open and clean so you can sweat efficiently.
- Don’t eat for an hour beforehand — Do your best not to eat heavy foods or anything at all during this hour. Food can make you feel slow and cramped while you’re in the steam.
- Do light calisthenics or stretching beforehand — Warming up before you start the steam will help your pores start to open. This light exercise also increases blood circulation near the skin.
- Turn on the steam and relax — You want to relax as much as possible so you can enjoy your time in the steam.
- Hydrate while in the steam — You’re sweating, so you should strive to replace fluids. Keep a bottle of water on hand.
- Take 10 to 20 minutes to steam yourself clean.
- Recover slowly — When recovering from your steam bath, you want to cool down slowly. Don’t jump into a cold pond; the shock can hurt you. Take a warm shower and rinse off.
The important thing with steam showers is not to overdo it. Once a week when you’re first starting out is a good tempo. As your body adjusts, you can increase the frequency to two or three per week, but no more than that.
Features of the Ariel Platinum DZ9721F8
Purchasing a steam shower takes a lot of research and we understand that. To help you make the best purchase possible, we are listing the feature set here. That way you can easily compare it to the features of other steam showers in those reviews.
- Computer-controlled push-button panel
- 6 kilowatt steam generator
- Ventilation fan and overheat protection
- 20 acupressure massage jets
- Overhead rainfall showerhead
- Hand-held showerhead with adjustable spray patterns
- 2 stools
- Overall dimensions 59 x 32 x 87
This Ariel steam shower will fit into the space for an existing tub quite easily, which is great if you’re looking for a system that will fit without a lot of major renovations. There are a lot of additional features that make this more than just a simple tub replacement, however, and any buyer will be more than satisfied. If you aren’t sure if this is the right steam shower for you, we have more detailed reviews you can read here.